History of AKP
Where we are from
- Founded 2018 as a pet project “Aero-Knowledge Proof” or AKP by a group of friends in Canada and China who shared a mutual interest in the aviation industry.
- Entered the 2019 R3 Global Pitch Competition and placed in top 12 finalists, proposing the use of distributed ledger technology with zero-knowledge proof for privacy-preserving aviation maintenance records.
- Entered into the 2019 International Blockchain Olympiad (IBCOL 2019) as a Greater Bay Area team (Guangzhou Civil Aviation College, Hong Kong Baptist University) and placed in 3rd overall (bronze medalist).
- Received technical and business development support from the Hong Kong Blockchain Society (HKBCS) for prototyping.
- Entered SIA AppChallenge and finished in 2nd round.
- Incorporated in 2019 as a limited company in Hongkong SAR, China.
- Accepted into 2019 Global Accelerator Academy cohort for Smart Airways, mentored by Cathay Pacific and demonstrated a proof-of-concept to its executives.
- Accepted into 2020 pre-incubation STEP programme from the Hong Kong Science and Technology Park (HKSTP) and successfully graduated.
- Expanded scope of offerings beyond the aerospace industry; company rebranded as Atomic Knowledge Proof (AKP).
- Mentored teams from Canada, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, and Taiwan for the 2020 International Blockchain Olympiad (IBCOL 2020), sponsored by HSBC.
- Mentored teams worldwide for the 2021 International Blockchain Olympiad (IBCOL 2021), sponsored by the government of Bangladesh.
- Selected as a delivery partner for the 2022 Greater Bay Area Blockchain Olympiad programme, sponsored by the government of Hong Kong.
- Accepted in 2021 into the IncuTech incubation programme of the Hong Kong Science and Technology Park (HKSTP).
- Since 2022, AKP has launched pilots in the following industries: financial services, architecture/engineering/construction, property management, education and human resources, and healthcare.